Approximately 35-40% of my practice is comprised of patients with diabetes. Since 1998, I have made it my commitment to maintain an open door between patient’s primary care physicians, endocrinologists, cardiologists, visiting nurse services, and my office. It gives my patients a better sense of ease knowing I have their well-being looked after.
Within an average year, the diabetic can expect to have the following:
- Overall evaluation and management of foot health
- Palliative foot care ( professional treatment for nails and calluses )
- If qualified, a non-invasive Vascular Examine or bidirectional Doppler to determine if the patient has increased their risk for PAD (peripheral vascular disease).
- If qualified, a pair of diabetic therapeutic diabetic shoes with up to three pairs of heated molded inserts, is provided. ( Depending on your medical coverage, you may be covered for this. This is a covered service under Medicare. )
- We also offer a full line of diabetic approved compression stockings, socks, slippers, sandals, creams and lotions.
- For the home-bound patient, house calls are available to provide these services at your home.